Companies that decide to go public by listing on the Chicago Stock Exchange (CHX) may experience distinct benefits that they can pass on to their shareholders:
- Market transparency
- Tighter spreads
- Access to advanced trading technology
- Market liquidity
- Company visibility
CHX listing requirements include:
- Sufficient net tangible assets and proven earnings capability
- Publicly accepted products and services
- Management operation in the public interest
- Suitable liquidity to meet the demands of an auction market
These guidelines were designed in the interest of investor protection. A CHX listing is recognized by securities regulators in many states and thus is exempt from blue sky registration in these states.
An attractive option for some companies is to list on multiple exchanges. The competition and visibility delivered by multiple trading venues enhances the visibility of the company's issue.